The Cygnus Halfish 24 is designed as a shallow draught, multi-purpose, coastal fishing vessel and workboat to operate from tidal harbours and beaches with a crew of one or two and for all year round use in the very worst conditions. The design is traditional in nature and attractive in appearance. Hydraulic machinery can be installed to carry out a range of fishing operations such as creeling, long lining, gill netting and trawling.
The light displacement and hull shape gives good fuel efficiency from low horsepower diesel engines. Traditional proven fishing boat design with attractively flared bows and sheer line. Well or self-draining deck options. GRP wheelhouses can be open or enclosed. GRP gunwales completed with iroko fendering or full hardwood.
Hull, wheelhouse and gunwales are available in kit for home completion Classification Society certification is possible. Only the best marine quality gel coats, resin and fibreglass are used throughout. Fit out is to a heavy and robust standard to withstand the rigours of prolonged professional and commercial use.
|Length Overall||7.52 m||24 ft|
|Beam||2.90 m||9.5 ft|
|Draft||0.93 m||3.05 ft|
|Air draft (Waterline to top of mast)||3.00 m||9.8 ft|
|Engine recommendation (Single)||40 - 86 HP / 29.83 – 59.66 KW|
|Top Speed Range||13 km/h – 14.8 km/h||7 - 8 knots|
|Fuel consumption (7.5 knots)||Ca. 1.33 l/nm||0.29 Gal/nm|
|Maximum cruising range/time||Ca. 187 nm – 300 nm||24 hrs – 39 hrs|
|Certification||SFIA, BIM, MCA|
|Fuel tank||250 – 400 litres||50 – 88 Gallons|
|Water Capacity||25 litres||5.5 Gallons|
|Battery||2 x 120 AH - 12 V/24 V|
- Heavy-duty displacement single shaft drive Cygnus Halfish 24 hull with colour of customer’s choice and 2 layers of anti fouling.
- Bilge keels
- Stainless steel rudder and support skeg with bearing connected with hydraulic steering system.
- Stainless steel propeller shaft with matching flexible coupling driving a bronze three bladed propeller. GRP glassed-in stern tube with inboard packing sealing gland.
- Wooden fendering on gunwales. Finished with varnish or high gloss impregnating oil.
- Fore deck and Halfish wheelhouse in white Gel coat bonded to hull.
- Standard Halfish flush self-draining deck with full size deck hatch over engine and 1m x 1m hatch over a forward hold. Engine and hold hatch moulded in GRP, hinged on the outboard sides with hold open stay or equivalent. Draining through drains in hatch surround gutter
- Scupper ports in the side through bulwarks. Deck finished in light grey non-slip deck gel.
- Aluminium framed toughened clear glass windows.
- Sliding GRP wheelhouse door with aluminium framed toughened clear glass window.
- GRP rooftop in the same hull colour and a spray deflector at aft of the wheelhouse.
- Two disc anodes fitted to rudder and 2 x large hull anode fitted and wired as necessary
- Name of the vessel on front of wheelhouse and on the stern of the vessel
- Forward cabin with two shelves for storage to starboard side. Floor is painted in light grey anti skid paint. Bulkheads and overhead are gel flow coated.
- Wheelhouse with small chart table to port side and instrument/navigation console to starboard side. Forward port side opening in the navigation console giving access to forward cabin.
- All bulkheads are flush coated white for easy maintenance. Ceiling in white marine plywood. Three LED Lights are flush mounted in ceiling.
- Steering position with instruments to starboard side.
- Engine instrumentation and controls mounted in the wheelhouse
- Storage compartment below wheelhouse floor wit watertight hatch.
- Engine: Perkins Sabre M92B with Newage PRM500D reverse marine gearbox. Marine Medium Duty Commercial Rating 2
- Engine with flexible mount supports, fresh water heat exchanger cooled engine with gear driven self priming raw water and fresh water pumps or keel cooling adaption. Air intake filter. High inclination engine sump with sump drain pump. Inverted spin-on element lube oil filter. Transmission oil cooler. Totally enclosed engine breather. High mounted single element fuel filter. Manual control adaption parts. Alarm switches and warning siren.
- Single station power and gear controls at the helmsman position.
Fuel and Cooling System
- Engine cooling system via through hull sea cock and quality raw water filter system
- Freshwater cooled exhaust manifold, intake manifold and heat exchanger. Elbow connected to marine exhaust hose with good run down and transom fitting with non-return flap in stainless steel. Hoses are all double clipped for safety.
- Engine room ventilation ducts under gunwale
- Single 250lt aluminium powder coated fuel tank complete with filler through deck, connected to engine via quality pre fuel filter system. Vents in flexible fuel hose with swan neck and anti-flash gauze all in stainless steel.
- Tank gauge at helm
- Remote fuel shut off valve in the wheelhouse for the fuel tank
- Fuel supply fitted with water separator/filters.
- Electrics supplied by two heavy-duty 12-volt batteries via heavy duty isolation switch wired to 5-gang switch panel in wheelhouse via split charge unit. Battery charging by standard engine mounted machine sensed alternator as supplied by engine maker.
- Main DC switchboards fitted into the wheelhouse near the navigation console.
- Batteries installed in topped boxes adjacent to engine.
- Electrical Circuits:
- Compass light
- Anchor light
- Navigation lights, one set port and starboard mounted on wheelhouse
- Navigation light, top, stern and anchor light mounted in stainless steel radar mast (All according to IMO)
- Wheelhouse interior down lights x 2 and 1 red light at helm
- Instrument lights
- Two heavy duty engine room and hold light
- Fore cabin light on ceiling
- 1 windscreen wiper at centre forward window
- One electric bilge pump
- One bilge alarm unit
- Horn with switch on the console
- Three spare ways (Connection and fuses) in MCB panel
- Cathodic protection anodes one to be wired to engine and other systems
Stainless Steel Fittings
- 3 Strong bollards, one on fore deck bolted through superstructure and two aft at transom
- Heavy duty Cygnus custom made bow roller
- Stainless steel mast
- Fog horn
- Filling plugs and vents for fuel and water tanks.
- Railings around cockpit
- Emergency bilge pump nr 1: Single Jabsco water puppy bilge pump fitted in engine room controlled from wheelhouse through an on/off/auto switch
- Emergency manual bilge pump serving engine room and hold
- Galvanised anchor 15 Kg with swivel and 50m three strand 14 mm nylon rope
- Portable fire extinguisher
- Safety equipment including lifebuoy, 2 floating smoke signals, 3 hand parachute signals and a first aid kit
- Basic toolbox and spares
- Flag post on transom
- Identification plate and owners manual
- Magnetic compass Offshore 95, compensated and with deviation card.
- Radar reflector