The Cygnus Typhoon offers excellent sea keeping ability with the largest deck space in its class.
Developed by Cygnus as the ultimate semi-displacement hull for the professional and demanding charter boat/fishing market.
With her overdeveloped chines, she is extremely stable on the plane and in rest. Considering speed, the Typhoon is a better option than a catamaran of this size.
The Typhoon can be built to any stage from basic hull moulding to full sail away to your specification.
The Typhoon can be built in sizes from 33 to 44 feet, with a choice of forward control and trawler style wheelhouse. Suitable for commercial fishing, charter, dive, passenger and survey boats.
All our vessels are built using only Class approved materials and generally built to comply with SFIA standards. Other regulatory standards can be accommodated upon request.
|Length Overall||9.99 m – 12.80 m||33-42 ft|
|Beam||4.00 m||13.12 ft|
|Draft||1.1 m||3.61 ft|
|Air draft (Waterline to top of mast)||3.50 m||11.48 ft|
|Displacement *||6.0 tons –7.5 tons|
|Berths (Depending engine weight/interior layout)||2- 4 or 6|
|Engine recommendation (Single)||500 - 800 HP / 373 – 597 KW|
|Engine recommendation||2 x 300 HP / 2 x 224 KW||(Twin)|
|Top Speed Range||46.3 km/h||25 knots|
|Fuel consumption (25 knots)||3.80 l/nm||0.84 Gal/nm|
|Maximum cruising range/time||550 nm||25 hrs|
|Maximum load||4500 kg||9920 Pounds|
|CE category||B-offshore (CE) / Seafish||B-offshore (CE) / Seafish|
|Fuel tank||1000 – 2000 litres||220 – 440 Gallons|
|Water Capacity||100 – 350 litres||22 – 77 Gallons|
|Septic Tank||40 – 110 litres||8.8 – 24.2 Gallons|
|Battery||3 x 100 AH - 12 V/24 V|
Typhoon Pilot 33-42 Basic Package
- Heavy-duty Cygnus Typhoon FC to colour of customer’s choice, boot top stripe painted above waterline.
- Under water hull painted with two layers of anti fouling.
- Engine: Iveco Cursor C90 575 HP marine engine, driving a Twin Disc 5075A marine gearbox..
- Engine cooling system via through hull seacock and quality raw water filter system
- Engine instrumentation and controls mounted in wheelhouse
- 1000 litre GRP fuel tank, complete with filler on the gunwale, connected to the engine via a quality pre fuel filter system. Remote fuel shut off valve at the fuel tank.
- Four bladed bronze propeller on a 50 mm 316 stainless steel propeller shaft.
- Stainless Steel rudder and rudder support skeg with bearing connected with hydraulic steering system with stainless steel steering wheel.
- Electrics supplied by two heavy-duty 12 volt battery via heavy duty isolation switch wired to 5-gang switch panel in the wheelhouse. Main DC switchboards fitted into the wheelhouse in/or near the console. Batteries installed in topped boxes adjacent to engine.
- Fully enclosed FC wheelhouse and forward cabin finished in white Gel coat and fitted with aluminium framed marine windows and wheelhouse door. Sill height 300 mm. Window are clear glass. Hatch in wheelhouse floor giving access to storage compartment underneath. Inside of wheelhouse and fore cabin finished with flow coat.
- Standard Cyclone flush deck, with full size deck hatches over engine room and fish hold, finished in light grey non-slip deck paint.
- Two electric bilge pumps serving engine room and fish hold controlled from wheelhouse through an on/off/auto switch.
- Manual bilge pump with three way valve, serving engine room and fish hold
- Two bilge alarms
- Two disc anodes fitted to rudder and one large hull anode fitted and wired as necessary
- All round Tivar fendering fitted at joint of gunwale and hull.
- Name of vessel on each side of bow. Name and homeport on the stern of the vessel.
- Navigation lights fitted on Standard Cygnus Cyclone GRP radar mast.
- Two LED deck lights fitted on back of wheelhouse.
- Two flush mounted LED lights in wheelhouse and one in front cabin.
- Deck hardware to include a stem fairlead/bow roller, a heavy-duty bow bollard and two stern bollards, all in stainless steel.
- Magnetic compass.
- Stainless steel fog horn mounted in radar mast
- Radar reflector
- Three windscreen wipers with operating panel at steering console