The Cyclone 31/35 is intended for use as a fast workboat with applications as passenger carrier, commercial fishing, angling and leisure. The standard forward control wheelhouse has been designed along the lines of the original Cyclone 30.
The vessel has the typical Cygnus construction and performance for demanding offshore use. The combination of dead rise and a more gradual forefoot will cut down on slamming and give a more comfortable ride.
The Cyclone’s 3.8 m moulded beam, with the addition of the familiar wing type chines carried right below the waterline, provide very high stability for this class of vessel. This model competes successfully with catamarans. The wide deep V hull provides great buoyancy enabling it to carry a good load.
Most commercial operators prefer a single engine, with protection for the propeller behind a full-length keel and enclosed skeg/rudder. However, twin engines can be fitted. With either single or twin diesel engines, usually straight shaft drives, a maximum speed of 25 knots is achievable with a comfortable cruising speed of 14-18 knots.
|Length Overall||9.45 m – 10.67 m||31-35 ft|
|Beam||3.80 m||12.47 ft|
|Draft||1.1 m||3.61 ft|
|Air draft (Waterline to top of mast)||3.50 m||11.48 ft|
|Displacement *||4.5 tons –5.5 tons|
|Berths (Depending engine weight/interior layout)||2- 4 or 6|
|Engine recommendation (Single)||330 - 600 HP / 246 – 441 KW|
|Engine recommendation (Twin)||2 x 225-300 HP / 2 x 168 - 224 KW|
|Top Speed Range||46.3 km/h||25 knots|
|Fuel consumption (25 knots)||3.20 l/nm||0.704 Gal/nm|
|Maximum cruising range/time||180 nm – 454 nm||7 hrs – 18 hrs|
|Maximum load||2500 kg||3307 Pounds|
|CE category||B-offshore (CE) /Seafish||B-offshore (CE)/ Seafish|
|Fuel tank||650 – 1200 litres||171 – 317 Gallons|
|Water Capacity||100 – 250 litres||22 – 55 Gallons|
|Septic Tank||40 – 110 litres||8.8 – 24.2 Gallons|
|Battery||3 x 100 AH - 12 V/24 V|
- Heavy duty Cyclone 31-35 FC to colour of customer’s choice. Hull anti fouled with one layer of anti-fouling under waterline complete with boot top stripe
- Engine: Iveco NEF 450 marine engine driving through a Twin Disc 5061A marine gearbox 2:1
- Engine cooling system via through hull seacock and quality raw water filter system
- Engine instrumentation and controls mounted in wheelhouse
- Electrics supplied by single heavy-duty 12 volt battery via heavy duty isolation switch wired to 5-gang switch panel in the wheelhouse
- Second heavy-duty 12 volt starting battery
- Four bladed bronze propeller on a 45 mm 316 stainless steel propeller shaft
- Stainless steel rudder and rudder support skeg with bearing connected with vetus hydraulic steering system with stainless steel steering wheel.
- 650lt Aluminium fuel tank, complete with filler on the gunwale, connected to the engine via a quality pre fuel filter system
- Fully enclosed FC wheelhouse finished in white gel coat and fitted with aluminium framed marine windows and wheelhouse door. Sill height 300 mm. Windows are clear glass
- Standard Cyclone flush deck with full size deck hatch over engine room and fish hold, finished in light grey non-slip deck paint
- Two electric bilge pumps, one fitted in the engine room and one in the fish hold, controlled from the wheelhouse through an on/off/auto switch
- Manual bilge pump serving both spaces
- Two disc anodes fitted to rudder and one large hull anode fitted and wired as necessary
- All round Tivar fendering fitted at joint of gunwale and hull
- Name of vessel on the bow and on the stern of the vessel
- Navigation lights
- Two deck lights
- Deck hardware to include a stem fairlead/bow roller, a heavy-duty bow bollard and two stern bollards, all in stainless steel.